According to the State Mining Bureau’s annual report for 1892, the ore returned between $10 and $25 per ton in gold.
By 1940, production had increased to 140 tons of ore mined and milled every 24 hours. The mine operated continuously until 1942.
Several tunnels were drilled, the principal one being 800 feet long and
reaching a vertical depth of 320 feet. A 5-stamp mill was erected to crush the ore.
The main vertical shaft was deepened to 1,000 feet, and tunnels were drilled as long as 500 feet in each direction along the vein at vertical intervals of 100 feet.
The California Division of Mines reported that these workings were the most
extensive of any gold mine in Los Angeles County. Assays of several hundred
dollars in gold per ton were made in high-grade shoots throughout the mine.